What would you do, if unexpectedly, you found two free weeks on your calendar? No work. No major obligations. Nothing but the time.
This is my current predicament. For reasons I will explain soon, I have two open weeks in the middle of August. This is a surprise, as I was originally planning on just a week. So, that now I have two, I feel like I need to make the most of it.
There are a few caveats. I have three appointments during the first week that I need to make, but then my schedule is completely clear. Also, while I have some cash, I am on a budget and so anything that will cost more than a few hundred dollars, such as a last-minute vacation to a resort in Mexico, is likely not going to happen. I want to spend much of the time enjoying summer and being outside. Here are a few ideas so far:
- Be a tourist in my own city and tick-off some bucket list items; such as kayaking in the Chicago River, the Garfield Conservatory and biking all of the Lake Shore Path
- Spend a full day binging Netflix
- Write in coffee shops across the city
- Take Annie out to some trails in the suburbs
- Daily swims in my gym’s rooftop pool and the Lake
- Convince Ethan to go camping for a weekend in Wisconsin
- Make pasta from scratch
- Take a day trip to Milwaukee
- Take my dog on a road trip to visit family in Minnesota and South Dakota
- Cash in some credit card points for a four-day solo trip to Portland
- Decorate and settle into my new apartment
Now I want to hear about you. What would you do with an extra two weeks?